Pen Versus Stylus
This is the ultimate pen vs stylus comparison post! Here we weigh the pros and cons of each and watch as one rises in triumphal victory while the other cowers under the shadow of eternal defeat! All kidding aside, let's begin!
I'm a pen guy. After all, I've got a site devoted to pens, but every once in a while I start thinking about the benefits and drawbacks of going completely digital, that's with stylus and tablet.
Stylus/Tablet Pros and Cons
- Pro- Saves the trees! Reduced environmental impact'
- Con- Manufacturing process isn't saving anything.
- Pro- Fast indexing for quick look-ups of older notes.
- Con- Battery life will always be a lingering concern.
- Pro- Thickness will never vary.
- Pro- Depending on the app, you can include images and links.
- Con- Will always have to baby the tablet due to drop damage concerns.
- Con- Might need to upgrade every few years.
- Pro- If utilizing cloud storage and consistently backing up, won't have to worry about losing all your notes'
- Con- If utilizing cloud storage, the possibility always exists that it could be hacked.
- Pro- If you're left-handed you won't have to worry about smeared ink.
The one thing you could say for pen/paper is that it's definitely tried and true.
Pen/Paper Pros and Cons
- Pro- Damage concerns will mostly be with water or fire, it can be dropped repeatedly.
- Pro- Un-hackable, the attacker will have to be local to you.
- Con- If lost, the information might never be recovered.
- Pro- No battery life worries.
- Con- Not great for quick look-ups unless a system for it is actively implemented.
- Pro- You get to write in your own sloppy or clear handwriting style.
So, thereyou have it folks, judging from these two 'highly researched and in-depth' lists the clear winner is the stylus/tablet. Or is it' Yeah, who's going to base their choice of penvs stylus on this comparison write-up' Probably nobody, but these are just a few considerations that might help. Ultimately, the final decision ends up with you.